Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Collections


I think that collections are about expressing your passions. When I was a kid, people collected stamps, thimbles, baseball cards, coins, etc. I really did not collect anything until recently.

I love my Jack Russell Terrier, Lulu! This love sparked my passion for collecting antique and vintage dog prints. Many of these prints are acquired without frames. Therefore, I am always on the lookout for antique frames. If I can find one with the original bubble glass... that makes my week!

Whatever you collect, most things can be found at auctions, flea markets, garage sales, and eBay. Some of my prints are reprints of old pieces like the one above of a terrier. This is a beautiful print that my dear friend, Lesley gave to me. It has center stage in my collection.

3 comments:

  1. :-) It looks so good!! Glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that print. Looks like he's about 6 months old, just ate dinner and sacked out after a day of playing hard! I'm Jonesing for a good yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am, too! I want to hit the flea market this weekend!

    ReplyDelete